Welcome to the Team Foundation Server (TFS)Supplemental Upgrade Guide. This guide is intended as a supplement to the Upgrade information found in the Team Foundation Server Installation and Administration guides. It is recommended to begin with the Team Foundation
Server 2010 Installation and Administration Guide (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=127730
) before using this guide. This guide covers scenarios which may be encountered during
and after the upgrade process and provides examples of most common and potential issues. The guide covers scenarios related to general Upgrade Process, Work Item Templates, Reports, and Enterprise TFS Management (ETM).
Bookmark the Visual Studio ALM Rangers
blog, using tag
TFSUG, for the latest information on this project.
Visual Studio ALM Rangers
This guidance is created by the Visual Studio ALM Rangers, who have the mission to provide out of band solutions for missing features and/or guidance. This content was created with support from Microsoft Product Group, members of Microsoft Services, Microsoft
Most Valued Professionals (MVPs) and technical specialists from technology communities around the globe, giving you a real-world view from the field, where the technology has been tested and used.
For more information on the Rangers please visit
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/vstudio/ee358786.aspx and for a list of other Rangers initiatives please see
What is included in the download?
The solution is divided in separate packages to give you the choice of selective downloads. The default download is the first of the listed packages:
- Guidance contains scenario based practical guidance, frequently asked questions and quick reference posters.
Epics included in the guidance are:
- I would like to understand what’s new in Team Foundation Server Upgrade Process
- I would like to understand the supported Upgrade paths
- I would like guidance with step-by-step Instruction on how to upgrade my existing Team Foundation Server environment
- I would like a checklist with Pre and Post upgrade steps I can follow to ensure a smooth and successful upgrade
Christian Nielsen, Ed Holloway, Jeff Bramwell, Jim Szubryt, Mike Abrahamson, Petr Moravek, Pramod Vasanth
How to submit new ideas?
The recommended method is to post ideas to the
Discussions Page or to contact the Rangers at
Post comments on the